Four times in my life, I was fortunate to get published in the New York Times. Writing those articles were experiences I will never forget.They are posted. I also wrote a comment on the NY Times sports blog, comparing the Paralympics to the Special Olympics. I explained why more people know about the latter than the former.
1. My story about goalball Monday, June 11, 1990
2. My article about the Tel Aviv Marathon Sunday, April 14, 1991
3. My article about High School sight impaired runner Royal Mitchell Sunday, June 10, 2001
4. My published article about the sight impaired roller derby star Sammy Skobel who had to keep his blindness a secret Sunday, August, 21, 1005
5. My published comment in the NY Times. It was my reaction to the Paralympics piece.
My comment was published Friday, Sept. 12, 2008